Share your experiences

Two people sitting together, looking through an information leaflet We are committed to ensuring that NHS services are as good as they can be. We welcome your comments, concerns, compliments or complaints about any of the services we purchase on your behalf. Please tell us how we can do things better, or that we’re doing something well.

How to share a compliment or make a comment or complaint

Should you wish to share a compliment or make a comment or complaint about a service that we commission, please contact the Patient Experience Service (PES) using the below details:

Telephone: 02380 296066


Write to us at:
Patient Experience Service
NHS Southampton City CCG
Trust Headquarters
Oakley Road
SO16 4GX

The PES team will acknowledge your enquiry within three working days of receipt and discuss a timescale for a formal written response, as needed.


Patient Experience Service Information Leaflet[pdf]

Patient Experience Service Easy Read Information Leaflet[pdf]

Southampton City CCG Concerns and Complaints Policy[pdf]

Primary Care complaints and complaints about services not commissioned by the CCG

Although we are responsible for the majority of health services in the city of Southampton, comments, complaints or compliments about any of the following should be sent directly to the service provider or to NHS England:

  • GPs
  • Dentists
  • Orthodontists
  • Pharmacists
  • Opticians

Contact details for NHS England are as follows:

Telephone: 0300 311 2233


Postal address:
NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT 

If you are unsure where to direct your complaint, please contact our Patient Experience Team in the first instance and the team will be able to advise you further.

Do you need help raising your complaint?

Healthwatch Southampton NHS Complaints Advocacy Service, delivered by SEAP Advocacy, can also help resolve issues or concerns you may have about your local health services. Their service is free, confidential, and independent of the NHS.

Contact details for Healthwatch Southampton are as follows:

Postal address:
Healthwatch Southampton
Southampton Voluntary Services
Kingsland Square
SO14 1NW

Telephone: 0330 440 9000


Fax: 01424 204687


What happens if I am still not satisfied?

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint and all local resolution has been explored, you can refer your complaint to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman and ask for an independent review.

They are not obliged to investigate every complaint and will normally review a complaint once it has been through the local resolution stage.

To contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman:

Postal address:
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033