Groups to join
We run and are involved in a number of groups locally, giving people in Southampton many different ways of getting involved with our work and shaping local health services.
Find out more below and if you would like any more information or to join any of these groups, please get in touch with our Communications Team.
Communications and Engagement Group
“No decision about me, without me” is at the heart of the government’s reforms to the NHS in order to shift decision-making as close as possible to patients.
To support this we have set up a Communications and Engagement Group comprising a range of local patients and representatives from Healthwatch Southampton, the voluntary sector, a practice manager, Southampton City Council and our local hospitals.
The aims of the group include:
- To ensure continuous and meaningful engagement with the public, patients and carers across each locality to ensure local feedback influences the shaping of services
- For members to act as a voice and channel for two-way communication with their local area to:
- share consistent messages from the CCG and provide feedback
- to explain local health services and manage public expectations
- engage with the public so they understand what the CCG is working towards and the principles of clinical commissioning
- demonstrate accountability
- To ensure we can conduct two-way communication and engagement through existing, trusted groups and mechanisms to reach local stakeholders including hard to reach groups in Southampton.
- To continuously evaluate the ongoing communications from the CCG including newsletters, websites, events and attendance at meetings, so this can always be improved upon
- To create a mechanism for capturing patient experience to ensure it informs future commissioning
- To monitor the Communications and Engagement Strategy implementation plan.
If you would like to get involved in this group or find out more information please contact the Communications team at: email@example.com or 023 8029 6932.